Public Records Request
If you would like to obtain public records from The Port of Caddo-Bossier, please follow these simple instructions:
Public record could be any of the following:
- Original paper and/or digital document
- Sound Recording
- Other document generated or received by the Port
We keep records in accordance to the records retention schedule approved by the Louisiana Secretary of State.
Anyone has the right to view The Port’s records at the Regional Commerce Center, 6000 Doug Attaway Blvd., Shreveport, Louisiana, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8AM and 5PM. The Port adopts by reference the exemptions from public disclosure contained in La. R.S. 44:3, and other provisions of Louisiana law.
Anyone may only request copies of The Port’s records not exempt from public disclosure, by submitting a written request to The Port, or completing and submitting the online form posted on The Port’s website effective January 2, 2017. The request should include the name, address, and telephone number of the requesting party. The information in the written request should be specific enough to enable the custodian to provide the requested document(s).
Anyone requesting copies of The Port’s records may receive the copies by mail or may pick up the copes in person at The Port’s Regional Commerce Center. An invoice for the cost of copies will be provided to the requestor and must be paid by check, money order or certified funds prior to the delivery of the requested documents. Cash is not an acceptable form of payment. If the requestor desires copies by mail, the cost of postage will be added to the invoice.
- The fees for copying public records are as follows:
- $0.25 per standard or legal size paper consisting of 5 pages or more
- For copying records or documents other than the standard or legal size, the fee imposed shall be such as will reimburse The Port for its actual expenses incurred for the reproduction. This includes the production of plats and maps.
- No charge fees for those who wish to review records located at The Port’s Regional Commerce Center.
Please fill out a public records request form and submit it to: Caddo-Bossier Parishes Port Commission, 6000 Doug Attaway Blvd., Shreveport, Louisiana 71115.